Who doesn’t want soft, pink and healthy lips? But unfortunately, our lips hardly ever remain as they were during our childhood. With age, they start getting darker, dry and chapped, with some people even having to deal with dark grey or black lips! It can be quite a sore to look at, and chapped lips can even bleed. There are a number of reasons that darken your lips. Some of them are:
- Smoking: Smoking should be avoided. Smoking not only deteriorates health, but also makes lips dark.
- Constant sun exposure: Avoid direct contact of sun. Constant exposure of U.V rays results in dull lips. Lip balm with at least 15 SPF (Sun Protection Factor) should be applied to lips in case you are out in the sun.
- Excessive caffeine intake: Avoid drinking excess of tea and coffee. Caffeine is an important factor for dark lips.
- Licking lips: Avoid licking lips as this can make lips dry and chapped.
Rosy lips give a charming effect to the beauty of both men and women. There is no time to wear lipstick or lip balms at all times. That is why it is important to take care of our lips... which thankfully is pretty easy. To bring that charm back on your lips, we have some tips for you:
- Honey has been used by mankind since the past 2500 years. It is a natural ingredient to lighten your lips. Apply honey to your lips just before you sleep and let it dry over night. Bring that softness and glow back in your smile.
- Lemon can also be used to treat darkened lips. Lemon helps in changing the color of your lips and makes them soft and supple. Make some lemon juice and massage your lips with the same. For best results, let it dry over night and don’t wash it off.
- Make your own lip balm with some strawberry juice and petroleum jelly. Mix one tablespoon of strawberry juice and two tablespoons of petroleum jelly. Apply this mixture on your lips regularly for best results.
- Apply olive oil or mustard oil or tea tree oil or clove oil to your lips before going to sleep. Olive oil tops the list because it doesn't have any harmful effects.
- You can even massage your lips with ice cubes for a couple of minutes to keep them fresh, feels good.
- Massage your lips gently with a mixture of castor oil and almond oil to keep the lips fresh and make them pinkish naturally.