Safety of both the blood donator and the recipient are important when you look at blood donation. So people who intend to donate blood have to follow certain guidelines of Indian Blood Bank society.
- Any donor, who is healthy, fit and not suffering from any transmittable diseases can donate blood
- Donor must be 18 -60 years age and having a minimum weight of 50Kg can donate blood
- Donor’s Hemoglobin level is 12.5% minimum
- A donor can again donate blood after 3 months of your last donation of blood
- Pulse rate must be between 50 to 100mm without any irregularities
- BP Diastolic 50 to 100 mm Hg and Systolic 100 to 180 mm Hg
- Body temperature should be normal and oral temperature should not exceed 37.5 degree Celsius
- Donors should not suffer from Cardiac arrest, hypertension, kidney alignments, epilepsy or diabetics
- Ladies with a bad miscarriage should avoid donating blood for the next 6 months
- If donor already donated blood or have been treated for malaria within the last three months
- If donor has undergone any immunization within the past one month
- If donor consumed alcohol within the last 24 hours
- If you are HIV+
- If the donor had a dental work for next 24 hours and wait for one month if the donor had a major dental procedure
At MedLabz, we have made it easier for you to get your full body medical check-up done from home at very affordable prices. All our check up packages cover necessary testing for obtaining an overall picture of your internal health.