Coping up with the periods can be the toughest thing for women. A study suggests these troubles can be reduced by consuming cranberry juice. Here are the top reasons:
- Source of Potassium: Cranberries serve as a storehouse for several vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It is a rich source of potassium that helps to prevent the retention of fluids and bloating during periods that causes pain. Potassium also helps to avoid muscle cramping by regulating the ion concentration.
- Fights infection: Urine infection is very common during menses because of hygiene issues and the sanitary napkin acting as a common source of infection. Irritation in the urinary bladder mucosa adds to the pain during menses. Cranberry juice helps to fight bacteria and does not allow the bacteria (especially E.coli) to attach itself to the walls of the bladder. As a result, this prevents the onset of any type of infection including the urinary infections.
- Acts as a diuretic: Cranberry juice helps the body flush out a lot of urine. It ensures frequent urination and clears the urinary tract of any debris, that helps to lower the period pain. It also helps in maintaining a pH that helps to avoid growth of bacteria in urine.
- Source of Vitamin C: As a rich source of Vitamin C, it also helps to fight mood swings and depression, anxiety, and stress which is a common problem in menstruation.
- Fights fatigue and lethargy: Cranberry juice is also a rich source of manganese and therefore helps to fight fatigue and lethargy that most commonly accompanies periods.
So, make sure you have cranberry juice this time when you hit your menstrual date to escape the usual pain, mood swings, and fatigue.
If you like this blog then we are pretty sure you will like our other blogs as well
- This won’t give you breast cancer. 5 Myths Busted
- Science Proves That Wearing Bras is Bad For Your Health
- What is PCOD or PCOS?